Preserving the youth and attractiveness of the face is an important goal of every woman. The use of creams and special preparations to eliminate wrinkles and maintain skin elasticity allows you to keep the attractiveness of the face for a long time. However, many store-bought products contain chemical ingredients that can cause allergic manifestations on the skin.
Therefore, herbs that help prevent the appearance of wrinkles on the skin, herbal preparations have an extremely beneficial effect, are not addictive, and also adequately provide the skin with the necessary elements.
Which herbs are good for the skin?
Among the variety of plants that nature has provided to man, the following herbs are best suited for facial skin rejuvenation:
- nettle- Its rich composition and high mineral content make it possible to call nettle one of the most useful herbs for youthfulness and beauty of the skin. Decoctions and infusions, extracts and in the form of masks, nettle is well suited for all skin types (including sensitive, dry, oily). With regular use in any form, a rapid improvement in the general condition of the skin is noted, its elasticity is restored, fine wrinkles are eliminated, and the degree of allergic manifestations, if any, is reduced;
- aloe- A houseplant with fleshy leaves is able to quickly eliminate irritation, helps restore the upper layer of the epidermis and stimulates regenerative processes. When a fresh aloe leaf is applied to the skin, it is saturated with vitamins necessary to improve its color, healing of small cracks in the skin is stimulated, and its elasticity increases;
- dandelion leaveshave long been used to stimulate the protective forces of the epidermis. The components of the plant fully nourish the skin, which allows you to quickly eliminate signs of fatigue and relieve irritation. A mask with the addition of finely chopped fresh or dried dandelion leaves makes the skin smoother, eliminates excessive formation of melanin, which changes the color of the skin and causes an abundant appearance of age spots;
- plantaindisinfects the skin surface, promotes the healing of small cracks and wounds, promotes regeneration processes. With it you can improve the complexion, nourish the skin well;
- pharmaceutical chamomile- one of the plants that quickly cope with peeling of the skin, its excessive dryness and allergic manifestations. Applying a mask or decoction of chamomile to damaged areas of the skin allows you to eliminate inflammation, stop infectious processes and soothe after a heat or sunburn.
- sagecopes with increased skin laxity, eliminates inflammation, stimulates cell regeneration;
- thymedisinfects small wounds and cracks, provides faster restoration of skin integrity;
- mint and lemon balmskin soothing, well suited for particularly sensitive and sensitive skin prone to allergic reactions and peeling;
- with helpparsley herbYou can quickly eliminate freckles and age spots, eliminate fine wrinkles and whiten the skin.
- rosemarymakes the skin more resistant to external negative influences, stimulating its protective functions, makes it firmer, gives a healthy tone;
- rowanCopes with excessively active production of sebum, normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, evens out the complexion. When the pulp of its berries is added to masks, it is possible to eliminate small wrinkles and quickly stimulate small cracks due to the pronounced wound-healing properties of its juice.
Herbs such as coltsfoot, which eliminates inflammation and evens out skin color, horsetail, which promotes the regeneration of damaged cells, and lavender, which soothes even severe irritation, have also proven to be excellent.
Regular use of these plants helps maintain skin health, restores its normal natural functions, stabilizes sebum production and thus prevents the formation of acne and wrinkles.
Herbal remedies for wrinkles
To affect the skin, to rejuvenate it and get rid of the obvious negative manifestations of age-related changes, you should choose plants that do not have a harmful effect. For example, mountain ash is an excellent stimulant for sagging skin that has lost its elasticity, but it is not recommended to be used on overly dry skin: the sap of the plant has a pronounced drying effect.
When choosing a plant for skin rejuvenation, one should take into account the type of skin and the likelihood of allergic manifestations in very sensitive skin.
Herbs in the form of infusions and decoctions are great for washing the face and neck. By cleansing the upper layer of the dermis, they stimulate cell regeneration, eliminate signs of inflammation and gently remove dead cells, leaving the skin looking more rested and youthful. The following plants have such properties:
- lemon balm;
- Johannis herbs;
The listed herbs can be used for washing both fresh and dried: when drying (subject to the rules of drying), they do not lose their medicinal properties. Plants can be used to create decoctions and infusions either individually or in combination, enhancing the qualities of each ingredient.
The method of preparing the infusion for washing is simple and can be done independently at home. A tablespoon of raw materials of any shape and composition is poured with a glass of warm boiled water and left in a water bath. Within 15 minutes the product is prepared, after which it is infused for another half hour. After straining, an extract of the washing preparation is obtained, which can be diluted with water in any proportion.
You can wash the resulting infusion several times a day and let the product dry on the skin. This increases the value of the method, improves the condition of the skin, stimulates its rejuvenation and eliminates wrinkles. After drying, the skin is treated with a cream for the appropriate skin type.
From wrinkles under the eyes
Eliminating fine lines around the eyes can be achieved with the regular use of natural, plant-based products. Chamomile, thyme, birch buds perfectly stimulate the skin and provide it with good nutrition. To enhance the effect of these plants, they should be added to masks in a crushed form (the best results are obtained by using fresh plants and herbs).
The basis of the mask can be an ingredient with sufficient fat content, since the skin around the eyes is extremely dry, sensitive and requires the finest treatment. For example, in whipped cream mixed with whipped protein, porridge from a mixture of freshly chopped birch buds and chamomile is added. The resulting slurry is applied to the skin around the eyes and left for 5-10 minutes. The mask is then washed off and the skin is treated with a fat cream.
The use of a mask based on rich sour cream with a drop of olive oil has also proven effective. Chopped grass and chamomile and horsetail flowers are added and applied to the wrinkle area near the eyes. After 10 minutes, the mask is washed off, followed by applying a cream for the skin around the eyes.
The regularity of using such masks is 2-3 times a week. In this case, a positive result will be noticeable after 2-3 weeks from the start of use.
Ice cream with herbs
The production of ice cream based on anti-aging herbs gives excellent results in stimulating the skin, improving its tone and eliminating dark circles. Due to the effect of low temperature, the blood circulation process improves, toxins accumulated in the skin are removed faster, which contributes to the rejuvenation of even very tired skin.
Making ice cream is not difficult: a decoction or infusion of the chosen herb is prepared and cooled to room temperature. Next, the broth is poured into ice molds and left to freeze in the freezer. Once completely frozen, the mold is removed from the freezer, pour hot water over it and carefully remove the ice from the mold.
The resulting ice is mainly used after washing to stimulate the skin and give it a fresher appearance. You can alternate the plants from which the decoction for ice cream making is made. This reinforces the positive effect of the procedure.
The use of decoctions is also good for stimulating tired and lethargic skin. For its preparation, the selected raw materials are poured with cold water and boiled in a water bath for 20 minutes. The chilled broth is used for washing, rinsing the face during the day, and making ice.
Any plants that have a pronounced anti-aging effect can be used for decoctions. In fresh and dried form, they well eliminate the manifestations of age-related changes and stimulate regenerative processes in cells.
The basis of masks to eliminate wrinkles on the face and neck can be various ingredients:
- whipped cream with whipped protein;
- high-fat sour cream with a drop of olive oil;
- any vegetable oil with a few drops of fresh lemon juice;
- Porridge from crushed fresh plants with a small amount of fatty kefir.
You can endlessly vary the composition of the masks, all of them are highly effective, help to stimulate processes in the upper layer of the dermis, eliminate signs of age-related changes in the form of wrinkles, loss of skin firmness and elasticity. Masks can be made from a decoction of plants, added to the base in the form of an extract saturated with a large amount of vitamins and minerals.
After washing off the mask with plenty of cold water, a nourishing cream should be applied to the skin, which will prevent the appearance of peeling. Regular use of masks allows you to quickly stimulate the skin, eliminate fine wrinkles and prevent premature fading.