Salon beauty treatments are very effective, but they are quite expensive and not regularly available to everyone. And only they are not enough to always stay young and beautiful. In any case, the skin needs constant, high-quality care at home. And lifting masks should become a staple for women after 30.
Causes of Skin Aging
With increasing age, irreversible changes occur in the human body. And since the skin is the largest organ, they appear on it first. It becomes drier, loses its firmness and elasticity, becomes littered with wrinkles, and sags with ugly wrinkles.
The main reasons for such transformations are:
- Changes in hormone levels;
- decreased collagen and elastin production;
- Decrease in skin moisture;
- negative environmental impact;
- Bad habits;
- Lack of sleep and stress;
- various chronic diseases.
Even with professional high-tech methods, it is still impossible to completely stop the aging process.
However, with regular and correct use of home lifting masks for facial rejuvenation, you can keep your skin in good condition for a long time, even without radical measures.
Who needs masks
Beauticians recommend using moisturizing and nourishing face masks at least once a week after 25 years. Due to constant stress and unfavorable ecology, the skin begins to suffer at this age and needs support.
But you shouldn't rush with lifting masks. Additional stimulation is only justified after 30-35 when the rate of natural cell regeneration decreases and the first signs of aging appear:
- Lack of natural glow of the skin;
- yellowish or greyish complexion;
- Deepening of expression lines;
- Slackness and lifelessness of the skin;
- drooping corners of the lips and eyes;
- the appearance of horizontal rings on the neck;
- pronounced double chin;
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin;
- a feeling of dryness and peeling;
- Swelling of the oval of the face;
- Bulldog cheeks that appear.
In addition, it is very advisable not to wait for all of these negative signs to manifest in full force. The sooner you start using effective masks, the better the result will be.
The result largely depends on the correct use of the lifting masks. Ignorance of the basic principles of their use can ruin all efforts, and even the most expensive means will not achieve the expected effect:
- the composition of the mask must be selected taking into account the individual characteristics of the skin;
- before using it for the first time, it is advisable to conduct an allergy test;
- Masks according to folk recipes are prepared immediately before use;
- it is necessary to clean the skin well before the procedure, it is also advisable to do a peeling;
- Masks are applied in layers and evenly distributed along the massage lines with a brush;
- then you have to lie down quietly with your eyes closed and not speak;
- the film mask is removed with an upward movement in the direction of the chin;
- Cured masks must first be soaked by covering your face with a damp cloth for 3-5 minutes.
After the product has been washed off thoroughly, a light moisturizer or gel should be applied to the skin. The frequency of using lifting masks is no more than 2 times a week. Again, you can take multivitamin or nutritious ones. On other days, the skin should rest - it is also not worth overloading it.
After a rejuvenation course of 10-15 procedures, a break of at least a month and a half is required, which can then be repeated.
A good lifting face mask must contain moisturizing and nourishing ingredients to continue nourishing your skin. But that's not enough to tighten it.
Manufacturers add high-tech biologically active components to masks purchased today: liquid collagen, elastin, placenta extract, stem cells, nanosilver and so on. The price is high, of course, but the results after application are just fantastic.
But natural remedies also work well. It just takes longer to get the same effect. And it is very important to choose the right composition, which is ideal for the skin. Therefore, it is better to consult a beautician and listen to his advice.
You can buy a good professional lifting mask online or from specialist retailers today. Its main advantage is its high efficiency - after just a few applications, clear changes for the better are noticeable on the face.
The main disadvantage is the rather high price, which is due to the presence of biologically active high-tech components.
The second major problem is that such intensive masks are not suitable for everyone - they are often allergic. Hence, it is a good idea to purchase and use a probe first.
In ordinary cosmetic stores, you can buy masks with a lifting effect, which are based on natural ingredients: plant extracts, essential oils, algae. They can be used more often - in the case of an intensive course, even every other day.
If you are not lazy, you can make good anti-aging masks yourself at home according to folk recipes. There are many of them, but most of them are based on the same components: cosmetic clay, yeast, natural and essential oils, honey, decoctions or tinctures made from medicinal herbs.
Here are three of the most popular, easiest, and most effective homemade face mask recipes:
- Clay. On two tablespoons of cosmetic clay (preferably white or green), pour a tablespoon of fresh grape juice and add a teaspoon of peach, olive or wheat germ oil. Mix everything well, apply on the face and keep until completely dry. Don't move or speak! The mask has an excellent rejuvenating effect, perfectly cleanses and tightens pores, improves the complexion.
- With retinol. Such masks are suitable for those who have problems with increased oily skin - they regulate the activity of the sebum glands and perfectly strengthen the capillaries, allowing you to get rid of the vascular network. In a tablespoon of homemade cream or sour cream, add two ampoules of retinol (or 10 drops) and aloe pulp, crushed to a pulp. Hold for at least half an hour.
- Ginger. Perfectly improves blood circulation, accelerates metabolic processes, tightens and rejuvenates the skin. Add a teaspoon of honey, the same amount of freshly squeezed ginger juice, half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to a tablespoon of linseed oil. If the mask is too runny, you can thicken it with pea or rice flour. Apply in layers along the massage lines and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off earlier if severely burned. Not recommended for very thin and sensitive skin.
There are plenty of other useful recipes you can find or put together. The most important thing is that you shouldn't jump from one tool to another. To get a good result, you need to use a mask for at least a month. Then you can take a break and try something new.
It may sound strange, but there are contraindications to using lifting masks. There are few of them, and they are mainly related to the peculiarities of the composition of these cosmetics. You can't use them:
- before reaching the age of 30;
- six months after plastic surgery on the face;
- with violation of the integrity of the skin;
- with purulent acne and dermatological problems;
- having severe rosacea;
- in the late stages of obesity.
It is strictly forbidden to use professional products and masks with aloe for people with cancer - they can aggravate its course and accelerate tumor growth.
Correct the result
To increase the effect of lifting face masks, it is necessary to rethink diet and make at least minor lifestyle changes. Experts advise adhering to the following recommendations:
- giving up bad habits - nicotine and alcohol dry out the skin and accelerate its aging;
- add fresh fruits and vegetables, fatty fish, seeds and nuts, whole wheat bread and cereals to the menu;
- drink at least 1. 5 liters of clean non-carbonated water per day;
- limit coffee consumption to 1-2 cups per day;
- refuse to visit the solarium, do not sunbathe;
- Before going in the sun, protect your face with a cream with UV filters.
It is very useful to massage your face regularly and, if possible, have a hardware cosmetic treatment at home or in a salon every six months.
In the opinion of the majority of women, a high-quality facelift at home is not possible with masks alone, especially after the age of 35. However, they are of great help in the struggle for beauty and youthfulness. In combination with other antiaging treatments and in between, they achieve remarkable results.
Of course, high-quality professional products with the right choice and use work better than masks that are exclusively made on a natural basis. No wonder - recipes for leading manufacturers are developed by top-class specialists in modern scientific laboratories. So, if there is an opportunity to buy such masks at least once a year, then it is worth doing it.
But home remedies should not be neglected either. The skin responds to any vitamin and mineral intake by improving the complexion, increasing turgor, and reducing the number of wrinkles. The main thing is regular care and high-quality cleaning. Therefore, when using masks, peeling should be done at least once a week. It helps clog pores and remove the top layer of dead skin cells. This means that the skin can breathe and the nutritional components of the lifting masks penetrate deeper.