Aging is a natural process. Age-related changes are mainly reflected in the face. Some believe that it is impossible to avoid it and accept the deterioration in appearance. But there are simple and effective ways to slow down aging. You can have antiaging treatments at a beauty salon or at home.
How does skin aging occur
The main reason for age-related changes in the face is a reduced production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. The firmness and elasticity of the skin is supported by collagen fibers, which prevent it from sagging. And hyaluronic acid ensures adequate hydration.
With increasing age, metabolic processes slow down, so cell renewal is slower, tissue saturation with nutrients deteriorates. The skin loses its elasticity, wrinkles appear. This usually occurs after the age of 45. But some women are faced with age-related changes earlier. Various external and internal causes can accelerate aging.
The main reason for aging early is the negative effects of the external environment or an unhealthy lifestyle. Eliminating these factors can help you stop this process. What can provoke the acceleration of age-related changes:
- Exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- dry, frosty, or hot air;
- Dust, smoke, unfavorable environmental conditions;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- Bad habits;
- Lack of sleep;
- sleep on a high pillow.
Internal causes are hereditary predisposition, skin characteristics, hormonal imbalance, endocrine diseases.
Rejuvenation is a procedure that is not just aimed at getting rid of wrinkles. Their job is to reduce any visible signs of aging:
- Loss of elasticity;
- sagging skin;
- thinning and dry skin;
- vascular network;
- loose skin, enlarged pores;
- sagging cheeks, eyelids, double chin;
- blurred oval of the face;
- drooping corners of the lips;
- increased pigmentation.
The rejuvenation should be comprehensive. It is important to use several methods at the same time: changes in lifestyle, proper skin care, special cosmetic procedures. This is the only way to slow down skin aging and improve the condition of the skin.
Beauticians recommend starting anti-aging procedures at the age of 25-30. This is when the first signs of age appear. But they can be done at 40, 50 years of age. Using modern techniques allows you to slow down aging and maintain youth.
Up to 30 years old
The synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid decreases after 25 years. The skin still looks firm and fresh. This is due to the rapid metabolism and cell renewal. But it needs to be helped with proper care. In order not to provoke early age-related changes, it is important to regularly cleanse and moisturize the face, as well as protect it from ultraviolet rays.
After 30 years
At this age, many women show the first signs of age: fine expression lines, bags under the eyes, loss of elasticity, dull complexion. This is often due to improper skin care. Finally, collagen and hyaluronic acid are still produced in sufficient quantities. Only the skin needs help: clean it from dirt, excess sebum, moisturize it, protect it from the negative effects of the external environment.
After 40 years
At this age, natural aging begins. Metabolic processes slow down, free radical damage accumulates, the production of estrogens decreases, which helps maintain youthful skin. Age-related changes in the face are becoming more and more noticeable. Wrinkles appear in the corners of the eyes, around the mouth, bags under the eyes. The skin loses its elasticity and becomes dull.
After 50 years
After 50 years, age-related changes can already be seen in all women. But with proper care, even at this age, you can slow down aging.
Facial rejuvenation at home
Proper skin care care is essential to slow the aging process. It should include the following stages:
- Cleaning morning and evening with mild products, it is not recommended to use soap, hot water, alcohol lotions;
- thorough cleaning with a scrub once a week;
- toning and moisturizing with ready-made or homemade lotions, tonics, serums, effectively wiping the face with decoctions of chamomile, parsley, green tea, cucumber juice;
- at night you need to apply a nourishing cream or serum.
- before going outside - day cream with UV protection;
- Make moisturizing or nourishing masks 1-2 times a week.
Home rejuvenation can be done with purchased cosmetics, home masks, and multivitamins. Facial massage and gymnastics for the facial muscles are also effective.
Cosmetic preparations with a special composition are intended for rejuvenation. They contain hyaluronic acid, vegetable oils, vitamins, fruit acids. Every woman chooses the most suitable one from a wide range of anti-aging products.
In addition to ready-made cosmetics, folk recipes can also be used. The most effective are masks. The composition should contain antioxidants from plants, vitamins A and E, oils, fruit acids.
You need to do masks 1-2 times a week. They are prepared before use. For mixing, it is better to use ceramic or glass. Apply in a thin layer, avoiding the eye and mouth area. The skin there is thin and special products are in demand. You can keep such masks for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
We analyzed existing recipes for homemade masks. According to the reviews of women, they selected 7 of the most effective and easiest.
- The cabbage mask tightens the skin. It is necessary to grind 2-3 leaves, you can use a meat grinder. Beat the protein separately and mix with the cabbage puree.
- Apricot mask contains fruit acids. Grate 1-2 fruits, add a little kefir or yogurt.
- Grate a small carrot, squeeze out the juice. Mix it with oatmeal to form a mushy mass. Add the egg yolks, a few drops each of vitamin A and olive oil.
- Steamed oatmeal with hot milk, cool. Add a little olive oil.
- Finely chop a small bunch of parsley. Mix with a tablespoon of sour cream and a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Mash half a banana with a fork. Add the egg yolks and a tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Beat the egg. Mix with 3 tablespoons of kefir and 1 tablespoon of honey.
Facial gymnastics, or face building, has become popular lately. This is a series of exercises for the facial muscles that tone them, eliminate toxins, and increase blood flow. This improves the condition of the skin.
Gymnastics is simple, it takes no more than 10 minutes. Such exercises are effective:
- raise your eyebrows, press your fingers, close your eyes for 5-7 seconds, then open them;
- stretch your lips with a tube, forcefully blow out the air, then open your mouth wide;
- close your eyes, stretch your lips in a smile, then pull it out with a hose;
- Blow out your cheeks heavily, count to 5 and let air out through closed lips;
- Without relaxing, tighten your tongue and chin, tilt your head back and then forward.
The massage tones the skin, accelerates blood circulation and metabolic processes. It allows you to avoid a decrease in elasticity, the appearance of flies, nasolabial folds and a double chin. You can do it yourself.
A self-massage is recommended for 5-10 minutes daily. Movements should be made along the massage lines. Starting on the neck, then on the cheeks, paying special attention to the nasolabial folds, in the end, massage the forehead. It is impossible to strongly stretch and rub the skin, it is caressed, tapped with the fingertips.
It is recommended to use oil, balm, or cream. Cosmetics are better absorbed during the procedure. There are several massage techniques, you can try everything and choose the one that suits you:
- Lymphatic drainage;
- the zogan technique (asahi) developed by the Japanese beautician Yukuko Tanaka;
- when using massage devices: scooters, smooth, with mesoscooters, vibration massage devices.
Multivitamins and nutritional supplements
In order to maintain youth and beauty, special beauty preparations are made. They have an increased content of essential vitamins and minerals, they necessarily contain beta-carotene, tocopherol, ascorbic acid, antioxidants, calcium, iron, copper, selenium. In addition, plant extracts are added to such preparations. American scientists point out in the journal Dermato-Endocrinology that antioxidants not only slow down the aging process, but can also stimulate skin regeneration.
Despite the natural composition of such funds, before using them, you need to consult a doctor. Individual incompatibilities of the components are possible. You need to take drugs in courses for 1-2 months.
Facial rejuvenation in the salon
Not every woman, even if she gives back her youth, will choose to have surgery. But modern cosmetics offer many non-surgical antiaging techniques. They restore natural processes in the body: they stimulate the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and cell renewal.
Even so, not everyone can perform such procedures. There are several permanent and temporary contraindications:
- Taking antibiotics, anticoagulants, anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- Pregnancy and breast feeding period;
- decreased immunity;
- cardiovascular pathology;
- Infections, viral diseases;
- poor blood clotting;
- Inflammation in the face;
- Birthmarks, warts, papillomas;
- Tanning, visiting the solarium a few days before the procedure.
Depending on age, health and skin condition, a rejuvenation procedure is selected individually. First of all, you need to see a beautician who will conduct an examination and advise on an appropriate technique.
The most popular makeover salon treatment. It is done at any age. The bottom line is that the top layer of the epidermis is removed. This starts the cell renewal process. A superficial, medium or deep peeling is carried out in the salon. The choice of procedure depends on the problems you are facing and the type of skin.
Peels also differ in the type of peel. Such methods are popular:
- mechanical microdermabrasion;
- chemical - treatment with acid solutions of different concentrations;
- Laser; laser renewal;
- Ultrasonic peeling, ultrasonic cleaning.
The result of injections lasts for a long time and is felt almost immediately. With their help, you can get rid of wrinkles, nasolabial folds, scars, excessive pigmentation, and tone the oval of the face. There are several effective methods.
- Botox injections have been popular for many years. Botulinum toxin is injected under the skin to relax the muscles. The procedure quickly tightens the oval of the face, removes wrinkles and spider veins. The result can be felt within a week. However, it is recommended to repeat it again.
- Mesotherapy is the introduction of special preparations into the superficial layers of the skin, which are selected individually. They can contain vitamin and mineral complexes, antioxidants, fibroblasts. Injections are made in problem areas, most often to remove double chin flies. Helps get rid of bags under the eyes, enlarged pores, age spots.
- Biorevitalization is the introduction of hyaluronic acid preparations under the skin. It helps the cells retain moisture. This balances the relief and complexion and increases the elasticity of the skin. You need to do 3-7 sessions every 2 weeks.
- Plasmolifting is the introduction of your own platelet-rich plasma into problem areas. This is the safest injection technique, it does not cause allergic reactions. Injections stimulate regeneration processes, remove age spots, increase skin elasticity and smooth fine wrinkles.
It occurs when the skin is exposed to pulses of light without ultraviolet radiation. They penetrate the deep layers of the skin and warm it up. This contributes to the contraction of the stretched collagen fibers. The blood circulation improves, the pores are narrowed. Light impulses trigger the processes of regeneration and collagen production. The procedure is painless, takes 15-20 minutes, and does not cause any side effects. We recommend 4-6 sessions with an interval of 2-4 weeks.
Allows you to eliminate age spots, wrinkles and even out the complexion. After photo-rejuvenation, the skin's elasticity increases, the oval of the face is tightened and fine wrinkles disappear. The procedure is able to get rid of the vascular network, age spots, scars and acne marks. Shown after 40 years.
Beauticians consider this method to be the most effective method for a quick facelift that removes wrinkles and other blemishes. You can do it after 25 years. The treatments are carried out once a week. The entire course requires 5-7 sessions. Although after the first procedure, the face will be 3-5 years younger.
The safest laser used in cosmetics is neodymium. Its beam penetrates the dermis to a depth of 8 mm. It has the following effect:
- removes dead keratinized skin flakes;
- improves metabolic processes;
- stimulates cell renewal;
- accelerates the synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid;
- knows, removes pigment spots;
- cleanses the pores, removes blackheads.
Radiofrequency or RF lifting is the heating of the dermis with radio waves. Effective against wrinkles, sagging skin. The action of radio waves triggers the process of cell renewal and stimulates collagen synthesis. Wrinkles are reduced, scars and sagging wrinkles disappear. The method can be used after 25 years.
Prevention of rapid aging
Aging cannot be avoided. But you can slow down this process and make age-related changes on the face less noticeable. Beauticians recommend the following preventive measures:
- proper skin care, including cleansing, moisturizing, and UV protection;
- balanced diet, including fresh fruits, vegetables, fermented milk products, easily digestible proteins in the diet;
- Taking multivitamin complexes, preparations with omega-3 fatty acids;
- daily use of at least 2 liters of water to avoid dehydration;
- stop smoking and drinking alcohol, as a result of which the nutrition of cells is disrupted;
- high quality full sleep on an orthopedic pillow;
- In an active lifestyle, it is especially useful to be outdoors, it helps to oxygenate the cells.
Simple home remedies and salon beauty treatments slow aging. An integrated approach and compliance with the recommendations of beauticians will help to extend youth.